I'm Micah, and I make software for desktop, web, and mobile.
- Python (Django, Flask, scipy)
- Modern software tooling: Docker, Git, CI/CD
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, Tailwind, Less, SASS)
- Library development in Python, C/C++, C#
- DoD Clearance (TS)
- Comptia Security+
- Intellipaat Big Data Master Course (in progress)
Relevant Work History
Software Engineer @ Avionics Test and Analysis Corporation
2010 - present
Independent Full Stack Developer & Author
2005 - Present
- Built Visual Studio Code plugin for a telemetry configuration format (TMATS).
- Developed software to simulate F-16 pilot interface for lab testing missile prototypes.
- Served as Security Manager for classified systems.
- Developed open-source libraries and tools for parsing binary data in Python and C.
- Wrote weather data visualization tool for C5 radar logs.
- Containerized multiple legacy and prototype software applications.
- Presented several technical papers at industry conferences on open-source software and containerization.
- Built various new and updated websites for direct contracts and web firms.
- Wrote and consulted on multiple articles including one published on linux.com and a book on android development with python.
- Developed neighborhood watch software to deliver law enforcement alerts via text message (SMS).
- Developed iPad app for building floorplan layouts for print services company.